Sunday, March 9, 2008

Grandma Tyson's 95th Birtday

Grandma Tysons hearing is gone, she is loosing her eyesight and sometimes she forgets, for just a moment, who you are, but she is still very sharp. I hope I am doing that well after living nearly a century. Kenny Chesney sings a song "Don't Blink". He talks about a man turning, I believe 101, and he gives the advice "Don't blink, it goes faster than you think". I will turn 47 next month and in close to half a century I feel the same way. It seems like just yesterday the only "children" we had were Dusty and Butch, our dogs. Those were simple days. It wasn't that long ago that Briana joined the family, now she is 19 and going to school in another continent. Andrea just turned 16, Joanna 14 and Krista, the baby, is 12. There are many days I just wish time would slow.

Speaking of Briana, we talked with her twice on Friday. We used the webcam on my computer and she was on with her friend who also has a webcam and we got to see each other. There was a little delay but it was still nice. While she was talking to Andrea I had a major mishap. I was frying eggrolls. When I finished, I was pouring the grease into a mason jar and the jar cracked sending grease down the front of my cabinets and all over my floor. This was a canning jar made to withstand high temperatures, but it still broke. What a mess to clean up. Needless to say when I sat down and looked into the camera, I was a sight to see.

These are busy times for the Tysons. Busy times don't bode well for slowing time down, it only makes things go faster.

No comments: