Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer is nearing an end

Summer has always been a time for relaxing, enjoyment and growth. When the kids were small, it seemed that they would grow inches in just a few months. That isn't the case anymore, although Krista has grown since the spring. This summer, actually the whole year, has flown by. I can't seem to make it stop. Briana and Andrea are in college. Joanna is dual enrolled. So as the new school year starts, Krista is the last one left for me to teach.

Joanna still needs to get her drivers license. I do hope I survive that. And as I have seen with the others, when they get their license, they begin moving more to independence. I can't believe my Jo is already there.

That leaves me with my not so little anymore baby. We have big plans, she and I.....maybe I should rephrase that, I have big plans for her, I just hope she will follow. Shortly, she will move on to independence too

Her dad and I are changing our roles. We are becoming the support staff.

I am sad, but proud of my girls. They are moving into responsible adulthood with grace. They are facing challenges well. Most importantly, they have a heart for God. This is what I am most proud of. The choice to love God with all their heart is the one for which I am most proud.

As the nest empties, I will have to find new things to occupy my time. But until then, I think I will have my hands full with Krista.

No comments: