Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cartegena Sat-Monday


The hotel we are staying in does have WiFi. They use a linksys router for the whole hotel. It wasn’t working Saturday and Sunday so as I sit and drink my café con leche,I will try to fill you in on the happenings of those days. It may be difficult because it seems like so long ago.

Saturday the ladies took Brittany and I shopping at Bovodos. It is a tourist area. The ladies wanted to buy us something. Brittany found a really nice purse. I wanted coasters so I found some. They also wanted to buy me a dress that looked Colombian. I found a nice one but the girls will probably have many comments to make about it. Lemuel is having eye surgery while we are here so he had an eye appointment, or at least he thought. He actually had no appointment. The guys sat at the doctors office, in the AC and worked on rewriting Jimmy’s sermon. He had it written in pencil and the lighting is bad on the pulpit and he knew he wouldn’t be able to see it. Fortunately the sermon for Thursday was written in ink. That sermon was also in a composition book which helped for all of them because the pulpit is small as well and the loose pages wouldn’t fly everywhere.

The messages have gone very well. I am really surprised at how much he has been able to communicate to the church. As usual Nicholas repeated the whole sermon back to him each night. He isn’t the only one that does this. There are guys that still talk about what he preached in 2003. The people here are really a blessing.

All the ladies of course ask about my children. I didn’t bring any pictures except for the ones I have in my computer. I showed them those. In those pictures is one of David at Briana’s graduation. Marta and Orlando (parents) got to see it. In Jimmy’s sermon, he mentioned that Briana was now in Argentina. He told the story of our trip to the airport and everyone crying. She came up to me after the service and told me she hadn’t seen David in 6 months and Harold is in Ivague which is 20 hours away. She cried as she told me. It was difficult for me not to cry as well.

Sunday morning, Lemuel preached at Vista Hermosa. Juan Rodriquez is the pastor there. They had 50 in attendance and he said they all went to the altar. Jimmy said revival broke out. Pablito taught the Sunday school class. He said it would only be 10 minutes, he taught an hour. He gave his testimony. There wasn’t many people there yet. They seem to drag in for 45 minutes. If that happened at Trinity, they wouldn’t make the sermon. Jimmy preached that evening. I think everyone had a singing group from their church that sang. One young man and girl sang “Who am I “ in English for Bro. Tyson.
At the end of the service we gave Tomas a motorcycle. It is a Suzuki and only had 2 km on it. People at the church gave money. He was so excited. That was a blessing.

I will close.
Melody

No comments: