Thursday, September 20, 2007

We are safely in Colombia

It was nasty weather when we left Jacksonville. The flight was delayed a little but we left Miami on time and arrived in Cartegena on time. I am still shocked at the lack of problems we have had on this trip. It makes me a little nervous. Cartegena is the almost the same as I remember except it appears they are cleaning it up a little, there is a good bit of construction and there are more people.

We settled in and was picked up in our taxis. There are more taxis, they call them shoes because they look like shoes. To me they look like Dr. Seuss cars. I will post a picture so you can see what I mean. One of the icons of Cartegena has been the buses. They each are decorated uniquely. They ride around hollering out the window where they are going. Well, they are phasing out the buses, by 2009 there will be no more. Consequently, there are many more small cars on the road and more traffic. We went to church during rush hour and I a still surprised that I am alive.

It was wonderful to see our Christian friends at church last night. I love Cartegena.
Melody

No comments: