Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back Issues

I have had aching back issues for a good portion of my adult life, well at least the part since having babies. At times, it is very painful. It is primarily in my neck and lower back and affects my arms and legs. I have had a cortison shot in my shoulder. That is no fun. I have made many visits to the chiropractor. I have always been a clutz and got hurt. When I was younger, I was quicker at stopping falls and preventing major disasters from my clutziness. When I did get hurt I recovered more quickly. As I have gotten older I have had more injuries. 2007 was the year of injuries for me. I even had a broken bone, pinky toe, but broken bone still. All that said, my back is in awful shape. Consequently, I had my first massage this week. It was Monday, today it is Thursday and I am so sore. I have two Icyhot patches on my back. I need to visit my chiropractor too. My massage therapist says it will get better. She could tell me like my chiropractor does....why did you wait so long. I guess if I didn't wait to get it taken care of it wouldn't be so difficult to make better. I do hope this improves the situation.

Tennis has started for Andrea. She is playing at Ed White. It is quite the diverse team unlike the undiverse team she used to play on. Of those that are trying out, there are 4 hispanics, 4 oriental, 1 black and 2 whites. I heard quite a bit of espanol on the court. They seem to be very nice young ladies and the coach seems pretty cool.

No comments: