Sunday, January 27, 2008

Spanish Woes

Tonight might not be the best night for blogging, especially if you want a cheerful one. Working with the Spanish is a trial for me. Their way of doing things is so not American. Actually from what I hear, America is the only place that acts like us. For instance, being on time. This is not an issue for them. Calendar, alarm clocks, day planners, PDAs, these words don't translate into spanish because they don't exist. Don't arrive early to anything unless you want to wait, and wait and wait. Planning, well that word isn't in the spanish language either. Now "winging it" is. You want to know the agenda for any event...that word doesn't translate either. I just thought of another word...worry, spanish people don't do that either. Mi esposo tells me that I chose the right group of people to work with, I can do all the worrying for them. This blog really is therapeutic. As I sit here listing all these difficulties, my daughter is in South America experiencing all this first hand. At least here they do have to conform somewhat. They are in America.

No comments: